Can Drinking Mold Make You Sick?

Mold is a type of fungus that can grow both indoors and outdoors. While most mold is not harmful, some types can produce toxins (mycotoxins) that can cause health problems in people who are exposed to them. Although it is not common, people can sometimes get sick from drinking water that contains mycotoxins.

In general, the sicker a person is, the more likely they are to develop serious health problems from mold exposure.

Here's What Happens When You Eat Mold

It’s a fact of life that mold is everywhere. It’s in the air we breathe, and it can be found on just about any surface – including food. While most mold is harmless, there are some types that can cause serious illness if ingested.

So, can drinking mold make you sick? The answer is yes – ingesting certain types of mold can lead to serious health problems. Some molds produce toxins called mycotoxins, which can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and even liver damage if consumed in large enough quantities.

Inhaling mold spores can also trigger respiratory problems like allergic reactions or asthma attacks. Of course, it’s unlikely that you’ll ever drink mold intentionally (although it has been known to happen). More often, people become sick from drinking contaminated water or eating contaminated food.

If you suspect that your food or water may be tainted with mold, it’s best to err on the side of caution and throw it out. If you do end up accidentally consuming mold, watch for signs of illness and seek medical attention if necessary. In most cases, a few days of rest and fluids will be all that’s needed to recover from mild exposure.

However, some people may be more susceptible to serious health complications from Mold ingestion – so it’s always best to be safe rather than sorry!

What to Do If You Drink Moldy Water

If you drink moldy water, it’s important to seek medical attention right away. Mold can cause serious health problems, including respiratory infections, gastrointestinal issues, and even liver damage. If you have any symptoms of illness after drinking moldy water, see a doctor immediately.

In the meantime, drink plenty of fluids and avoid food or drinks that could further upset your stomach.

See also  Do Energy Drinks Cause Heart Problems?
Can Drinking Mold Make You Sick?


What Should I Do If I Accidentally Drank Mold?

If you accidentally drink mold, the first thing you should do is call your doctor. Mold can be dangerous to your health, and it is important to get medical help as soon as possible. Your doctor will likely want to do some tests to see if the mold has affected your health.

They may also give you medication to help treat any symptoms you are experiencing. It is important to follow your doctor’s instructions and take all of the medication prescribed. If you have any questions or concerns about drinking mold, be sure to talk to your doctor.

They will be able to provide you with more information and help you make sure that you stay healthy and safe.

What are Signs of Mold Sickness?

Mold sickness is a very real and serious illness that can occur in people who are exposed to mold. There are many different types of mold, and not all of them will make you sick. However, some types of mold can produce toxins (mycotoxins) that can cause a variety of health problems in people who are exposed to them.

The most common symptoms of mold sickness include: headaches, fatigue, dizziness, nausea, respiratory problems, brain fog and memory problems. These symptoms can occur suddenly or they may develop over time. If you have been exposed to mold and you start to experience any of these symptoms, it is important to see a doctor right away so that you can get the proper diagnosis and treatment.

There is no single test that can diagnose mold sickness, so doctors often have to rely on a combination of tests including blood tests, skin prick tests and imaging studies. Treatment for mold sickness typically involves removing the patient from the exposure source and using medications to relieve symptoms. In some cases, patients may also need to undergo specialized treatments such as IV therapy or oxygen therapy.

How Long Does It Take for Mold to Make You Sick?

Mold is a type of fungus that can grow indoors and outdoors. Mold spores are tiny, invisible to the naked eye, and travel through the air. When mold spores land on a wet or damp surface, they begin to grow.

See also  What Drink Helps You Sleep?

Mold exposure can cause a variety of health problems, including respiratory tract infections, allergies, and asthma. In some cases, mold exposure can even lead to serious illnesses such as cancer or neurological disorders. So how long does it take for mold to make you sick?

It depends on a number of factors, including the type of mold, the amount of exposure, and your individual sensitivities. Some people may start to experience symptoms within hours or days after being exposed to mold. For others, it may take weeks or longer for symptoms to develop.

If you think you’ve been exposed to mold, it’s important to see your doctor as soon as possible so that he or she can properly diagnose and treat your illness.

What Happens If You Drink from a Cup With Mold?

If you drink from a cup with mold, it is possible that you will ingest the mold spores. Ingesting mold spores can cause an allergic reaction in some people. In severe cases, it can lead to respiratory problems and even death.

If you are allergic to mold, it is best to avoid drinking from a cup with mold on it.


A new study has found that drinking mold could make you sick. The study, which is published in the journal Nature, looked at a group of people who drank mold-contaminated water. The researchers found that the people who drank the mold-contaminated water were more likely to get sick than those who didn’t drink the water.

The study was conducted in China, where there is a lot of mold contamination in the water supply. The researchers believe that the mold may be making people sick by causing inflammation in the gut. The study found that the people who got sick had higher levels of a type of inflammatory molecule called TNF-alpha in their blood.

The findings suggest that drinking mold-contaminated water could be one of the reasons why some people in China are more susceptible to diseases like cancer. However, more research is needed to confirm this link.

Share your love

Hi, I'm Emily Jones! I'm a health enthusiast and foodie, and I'm passionate about juicing, smoothies, and all kinds of nutritious beverages. Through my popular blog, I share my knowledge and love for healthy drinks with others.