(A great alternative if you don’t have a juicer machine but have a Vitamix juicer or a personal blender)
If you don’t have a juicer, you still can make juice using a blender. Not smoothies, but more of a liquid drink. Traditional juice is when the juice of the fruit is extracted from its pulp. With this technique, you can combine the produce and blend it very well (occasionally including some water or milk) and it will create a pulpy juice.
Do you have a small personal blender? These combinations work well even for bullet juicer as well.
Keep in mind that the less juicy fruits and veggies don’t work as well hence you might need to add water. The key to good juice is using the most juicy produce!
THE BENEFITS OF BLENDED FRUITS
- This benefits those who have blood sugar issues because the body takes longer to digest the drink and sugars when fruit pulp and fiber are present.
- Good for those who want to enjoy juice, but are on a tight budget. Because juicing using a juicer takes a lot of produce to yield a decent amount of liquid. But using a blender you keep the pulp and fiber hence it requires much less produce.
- It’s fast and easy. If you have a powerful blender, it takes little time to blend an apple and grapes together than it does with a juicer. You just put the fruit in the blender and blend! Within minutes it is ready to be served.
TIPS FOR BLENDING JUICES
- Blender carrot juice: You can easily make carrot juice with your blender by adding 2-3 carrots to ¼ – 1/2 cup of water or other watery fruits. It’s best if you cut the carrots into chunks as it’s easier on your blender.
- If you want to add greens, add 1-2 leaves of lettuce, spinach, or kale to your recipes, the fruits mask the smell and taste of green veggies.
- When creating your own blender recipes, experiment with the amount of water to make it to your liking…thick or thin.
A note about blenders: Some blenders can blend anything. The one that I own, in my opinion, is the best blender. It is the Vitamix, and it can blend pretty much any fruit and vegetable. There are also some other powerful blenders out on the market. If you have a more inexpensive version, be careful about the type of product you blend. If you aren’t sure your blender can handle it, just leave it out and stick to fruits and vegetables that are soft and watery. The quality of your blender will ultimately determine what type of blended juices you can make.
BEST FRUITS AND VEGETABLES FOR BLENDER JUICES
The best produce to use, in general, are usually the ones that aren’t so good to juice in a juicer and use watery fruits. The watery, mushy type fruits blend so well. These include peaches, apricots, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, papaya, mangos, plums, melons, and the like. And vegetable juice including tomato, carrot, cucumber, spinach, and beetroot.
These fruits and veggies are soft and watery and will be easy on your blender and yield more juice. If you’re using these for nutribullet recipes, you might want to experiment with the quantity as the cup is considerably smaller than a regular blender.
WATERMELON – CANTALOUPE
Big chunk of watermelon
Small slice of cantaloupe
No water needed, blends easily, and is tasty! This juice is good for diabetic people, helps in weight loss, fights dental bacteria, reduces inflammation, and keeps you hydrated.
APPLE – LEMON
Half a cup of lemon juice
1 apple, peeled and cored
Half a cup of water
Honey for sweetness (I used 2 tablespoons)
Squeeze lemons until you get about half a cup of juice. Add it to your blender with an apple, water, and honey. Blend until smooth and enjoy! I bet you heard the phrase ‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away’, well eating an apple won’t take longer than 1 minute now.
4 pineapple rings
1/3 cup of water
Honey to taste (I used 1 tablespoon)
Place all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. Drink immediately! Pineapple fights fever than any medicine available on the market. It helps in digestion, reduces risks of cancer, helps with recovery of surgeries, and an excellent drink for smokers to reduce lung damage.
ORANGE – LEMON
2 oranges peeled
1 lemon peeled
Half a cup of water
Place the oranges, lemon, and water together and blend until it is smooth. Drink immediately! This drink is packed with vitamin C, it boosts your immune system and improves your health.
PINEAPPLE – ORANGE
1 cup of pineapple chunks
1 carrot cut in chunks
1 orange peeled
Half a cup of water
Place all ingredients in your blender add carrot at the end and blend until it is smooth. Drink immediately!
PEACH – BERRY
2 peaches (pitted)
1 cup of strawberries
Quarter cup of water
Place all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. Drink immediately. Peach and strawberries reduce allergy symptoms, aids in heart diseases, digestion, and protect the skin. More recipes you may find here.
At a glance
If you can accept the fruit pulps and fiber then you do not need a juicer to make healthy juice, a blender can do that job. It does reduce the cost of juice by increasing yield.