A lot of people enjoy drinking kiwi juice, but because of its color children can sometimes mistake it for veggies and not drink it. But Kiwis are a great source of vitamin C and potassium. Just one serving of kiwi has almost 3 times the daily recommended intake for vitamin C, so you and the young ones should have them on regular basis! The article focuses on how to juice kiwi, and the best procedures to follow.
- A sharp knife that can cut through a kiwi fruit.
- A table spoon to scoop the kiwi without loosing the juice.
- An electric juicer or blender. Vitamix is my favorite blender.
- One glass jar or container with a tight-fitting lid (wide mouth preferred so that you can fit the kiwi in).
- Measuring cup or pitcher for measuring juice.
- A sieve to strain the pulp from your juice.
- One glass of ice water or few cubes of ice (optional).
Preparing the Kiwi
Most methods of peeling kiwi end up with quizzing lots of juice out. And after trial and error methods, I’ve found a method that barely spills any juice while peeling kiwi. But you can use your own method or any seen on the internet.
- Wash your hands and kiwis throughly (its covid season)!
- Cut the kiwi two in halves.
- Use a table spoon to scoop the kiwi and place it in a glass mug.
You will have some juice while scooping the kiwis but it will all be on the peel, and you can pour that in the mug as well.
Turning the peeled Kiwi the juice
Using a Juicer
- Drop them gently in the juicer and collect the juice in the container below.
- Pour some water to rinse any leftover kiwis and collet that too in the same container.
- Your kiwi concentrated juice is ready.
- Depending on the volume of kiwi concentrate, add double the water.
Using a blender
- Transfer all the kiwis from the mug to the blender.
- Pour water such that you have 1/3 kiwi and 2/3 water.
- Blend for 2 minutes.
- Straing the juice and remove the fiber.
Here I’ve added water because kiwi is loaded with vitamin C and too much vitamin C can cause nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, headache, and/or insomnia. But if you are eating less than 1/3 serving of kiwi then you do not need to worry.
In most cases, I avoid the juicer and the strainer because it removes the beneficial fibers from the juices which are excellent for bowel movements.
Presentation of this Heavenly Juice
Most people love the taste of kiwi as it is, and does not require any extra flavoring or fragrance, but children can be sometimes hard to convince with just words. Hence to attract them to this healthy drink.
Add some diced tomatoes and crushed ice and mix with a spoon and serve.
Add some non-green gummy bears and mix with a spoon and then let one sit on top of the drink.
Variation of kiwi juice with different fruit:
If you want a more flavorful kiwi juice, adding some other fruit is the way to go. Just cut up your desired fruits (e.g., orange, strawberries) and add these to the blender or juicer with your kiwi fruit.
Health Benefits of kiwi juice:
- The high amount of vitamin C is excellent for boosting immunity and fighting off any colds or infections.
- Kiwi juice has a very low glycemic index so that it won’t cause your blood sugar to spike like most other fruits would do.
- It contains high levels of potassium, which helps to lower blood pressure and prevents strokes.
- Kiwis also contain a high amount of vitamin E – up to 100% daily value in just one serving!
Why is it important to drink kiwi juice every day?
Kiwis are packed with vitamin C and Potassium, getting the daily amount of vitamins C can be challenging if you work and do not have time to pick your foods properly. Whereas kiwis also being very less in sugar content it won’t give you a sugar rush if you drink this juice at night.
Does it matter what type of juicer or blender you use?
It’s a matter of the quality of your juice. If you have a cheap blender that may have rusty blades or non-food grade plastic then you will be putting yourself in danger even when drinking fresh juices. The quality of a juicer or blender will also be able to extract the maximum amount of juice (hence nutrient) possible. This will also ensure that there are large chunks of fruit left in your juice.
What is the best type of blender for kiwi juice?
The Vitamix and Blendtec brands are both high-quality blenders. Higher quality equals a higher price tag but it results in a much better glass of juice without any contaminants than cheaper brands that have lower grade blades or motors. It’s worth it to spend a little extra money on something that will last for years to come.
What if I don’t have a blender or juicer?
The good news is that you can still make kiwi juice by using your hands! It’s not as efficient, but it’ll do the job in a pinch when you’re running late with breakfast and completely forgot about grabbing some fruit. You can just cut up your kiwi, then mash it to smithereens with a fork. It’s not as nutritious, but it’ll help you stay on track with your daily vitamin intake.
What is the best way to store my juice?
It’s always better to drink fresh-made juices right away because they will oxidize and go bad very quickly. But If you must keep them for later days, then I got you covered, check out how to store fresh juice to find that best fits your situation.
Who should drink this?
Anyone who wants to use their kiwi fruit as a way of feeling better every day! It’ll provide a much-needed boost to your immune system.
Kiwi juice is a delicious and nutritious way to get your daily dose of vitamin C! The process for juicing a kiwi is the same as any other type of fruit. Now you know how to juice kiwi and all the benefits that come with it! So why wait to get started?
We have other recipe ideas for you to try, too!
- How To Make Strawberry Juice
- How To Make Tomato Juice
- How to juice sweet potato.
- How to Make Beet Juice