Everyone knows that success does not happen overnight. No one just snaps their fingers to find that everything has aligned in their favor and so, no one can simply adopt a particular mindset and awake the next day to find their whole world changed for the better.
However, nothing is eternal. Over the course of time, with determination, you can change the world around you, in such a way that success can be found and attained. It’s not impossible, anyone can do it. How do we know? Because it has been proved.
There is a common thread that seems to run throughout the lives of people who have attained success. They all seem to be “morning people”. We have all probably heard the old saying, “Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise,” and there is apparently some truth to that. And so, it is with that in mind that we are going to take a look at eight-morning secrets of successful people so that you, too, can make that combination work for you.
- Successful people first have to establish a morning routine. While good intentions are wonderful, they lack sustenance until such time as they are actually put into use and given some stamina. A successful person will be on their way as soon as they sit down, take an inventory of exactly what they want to accomplish in the morning, and then set out to achieve the daily goals. For some, simply having it in mind is good enough, while others might have to make a to-do list or set up a calendar with bullet points. Either way, they have a plan and act upon the goals to set it in motion for themselves.
- Successful people have healthy breakfast as a high priority item in their morning routines. They not only know that it is incredibly important to get the day started by fueling up, but they also take the time to fuel up the right way with foods that pose some type of benefit. It appears that most successful people start the day with fiber, yogurt, and berries. Each of these foods aids the body in many ways that can affect whether one is successful, such as memory and motor function improvement and ongoing cognitive function.
- Successful people tackle their biggest and most daunting tasks first thing. It stems from an old saying by Mark Twain, that you should eat a frog first thing in the morning, and everything else that comes along would surely seem better than that. The first impulse of most people who are facing a weighty task is to put it off, however, that is not the successful approach. Once you have that thing behind you, you also have the added benefit of not having the worry pressing on you any longer and you can then move on to brighter, more upbeat matters.
- Successful people make their bed after getting out of it. This may seem like an extremely trivial thing, but there seems to be much more to it. As it should so happen, most of the people that make their bed admit to being generally happy with their life, while the majority of people that do not make their bed in the morning say that they are unhappy with the overall scheme of things. It also seems that those who make their beds are also the same people who enjoy their jobs, feel well-rested throughout the day, own their own home, and make exercise a priority.
- Successful people start their day by drinking water. Of course, over ¾ of our body is water, and it is something we absolutely have to have in order to function normally, whether we are successful or not. However, there seems to be more to it than that. Successful people who choose water over coffee, tea, and other such beverages know that they will not experience the same “crash” that is sure to come to those who ingest the caffeine. This is, in reality, a way of looking at the big picture and considering repercussions.
- Successful people take the time to meditate before anything else. While it may actually seem to some people like a waste of time, successful people know that meditation brings with it a montage of things that will make them better throughout their day. It reduces stress, can prevent many health issues, and allows you to be able to focus better afterward. Meditation is spiritual for people, but it does not have to be that way to work. Simply taking the time to push everything else out of your mind and focus on breathing and being can work wonders for everyone.
- Successful people begin their day with exercise. While an exercise routine does take a bit more time than meditation and many other things we have mentioned so far, it is nonetheless very important. Whether you get up an hour early to have a brisk morning jog, or you start the day with a tennis match before brunch, there are definite benefits to starting the day this way. Of course, it benefits the body and cardiovascular health, but it can also alleviate stress and give you extra energy to get you through the day.
- Successful people start their day with positive affirmations. This is something that is quite easy to do even before you raise your head off the pillow in the morning. Simply think, and then declare, a number of positive things about yourself and your life that you can think back on throughout the day. Saying things like, “I will be very productive today,” or “Today, my state of mind will be positive and reinforcing”. These things can really turn things around in the most simplistic of ways. If you have trouble coming up with something nice to say, you can make use of a great many apps that are available these days for just such an occasion.
Success does not come like a gust of wind, but it has to be built like a damn from the very bottom and slowly built it up. It becomes easy if the morning habits can be implemented in the daily routine. It requires willpower and a positive attitude. Failure is hard so is to become a success — Choose your hard consciously.